Given international scientific and practical conference «Challenges of Source Evaluation in Science and Correlated Areas» is designed to create conditions for a constructive dialogue on resolving the challenges of our time regarding source study and criticism as a branch of interdisciplinary knowledge.
This conference’s objective is to publicly raise questions that have never been discussed before on an international level with scholars. All participants are welcome to share their viewpoints and ideas on the situation. Over five days of online panel discussions, the following issues will be considered:
- The problem of data manipulation in science and further representation of scientific data to wider audiences;
- Orientation system among sources and the problem of priorities;
- Tools for dealing with information to determine its reliability;
- «Unwritten rules» in academia or why «it is customary to do something that has nothing to do with the results of scientific activity, but satisfies the bureaucratic apparatus in the scientific sphere;
- Where does «scientific» begin or end, and who is responsible for it? Are there any parameters or technologies for distinguishing between «science» and «junk science»?
- What is more important: the content of the scientific work or its design?
- Why should the language of modern academic science be obscure for the general public?
- How can a researcher rest on the principle of objectivity in the «Era of Truth Decay»?
These and many other unanswered questions require innovative approaches and open dialogue in an uncomplicated scientific language. The conference is designed to bring together leading experts and academics from different areas. This gathering’s goal is to reflect on questions and find practical answers related to assessing and evaluating different types of sources, and discussing relevant challenges faced by scholars and experts globally. All in all, there will be around 50 participants at the conference from 10 countries.
Perhaps the saying «Who owns the information, he owns the world» is relevant, but whether it is accurate should be considered. The key message and reason for this conference is OBJECTIVITY.